The official X accounts of Chinese mouthpiece Global Times and Xinhua news agency have been blocked in India, days after similar action was taken against several Pakistani handles. However, the website of Global Times is still visible in the country.
The action came days after the Indian embassy in Beijing called out Chinese media for spreading unverified claims about India’s Operation Sindoor against terrorists based in China’s all-weather ally Pakistan.“Dear @globaltimesnews, we would recommend you verify your facts and cross-examine your sources before pushing out this kind of dis-information,” the embassy said in a post on May 7.
Last week, a news report by China Daily falsely claimed that at least three Indian jets had crashed in Kashmir. The fact-check unit of the Press Information Bureau (PIB)debunked the claim and said that the accompanying image in the story is from an earlier incident in 2019.


